A Year With Julia

On September 20, 2011, in Julia's Journey, Personal, by Chris

At 6:10pm one year ago today, Julia Paige Cook first drew breath on this good earth. For all of you who have been following our story and praying so faithfully, we have a little video postcard of the last year. Please settle back and celebrate with us!

But that’s not all we have to celebrate today. Jocelyn and I are also celebrating our third anniversary. Last year, Jocelyn was on modified bed rest in preparation for Julia’s birth and was a little sad that she hadn’t found my anniversary present yet. Julia decided to come three weeks early and solve the problem for her.

I think God either has a wry sense of timing or not much faith in my ability to keep dates in my head; but it is kind of convenient to only have to remember one date for my daughter’s birthday and my anniversary!

Thanks again for all of your care in the past year – here’s to many more!

Tagged with:

11 Responses to A Year With Julia

1. God blesses us with these extensions of ourselves, these lovely little arms that wrap us with purpose and remind us all isn’t for naught; all is for them.

2. Jennifer says:

Celebrating with you and sending love to you three on this very special date! Beautiful video! We are so very blessed!

3. Pam Marshall says:

Oops! Didn’t finish my thought…..This little bundle of love has enriched your lives so much, already. I know God will continue to teach you and others mighty things, through the love that exudes from Julia! How lucky she is to have a papa that is so talented with words and photographs! Not to mention all of us that get to benefit from those gifts, as well!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, to you both also (Bob and I celebrated our 12th yesterday.)

4. Tia says:

That video was simply awesome! Definitely needed some tissues. Julia is a miracle and has come so far. I am thankful to be blessed with another year of watching her grow and develop! Happy Birthday Julia!

5. Cyndi says:

Happy birthday little Julia and happy anniversary Jocelyn & Chris! Thank you for sharing Julia’s progress with us. It gives me hope. 🙂

6. Petra Martinez says:

Best wishes to all of you. You are blessed to be her parents!

7. Jenny says:

What is the background song????

8. Chris says:

“Forever and a Day” – a friend of mine wrote and performed it. You can hear more of Danny’s tunes at dannycoxmusic.com!

9. Jonathan Goodman says:

Great job Chris. This video post card means a lot to us at a distance. What a year. She was so little last time we saw her. We’re so looking forward to your visit. Oliver’s excited for his cousin Julia to be here… and he’s even open to sharing some toys. Maybe not his dinosaur books though. Love you guys!

10. So beautiful! Thank you! Brought tears of joy to my eyes. 🙂